Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Looking at Blogs?!


Yep I'm looking at blogs. It's pretty cool actually. I didn't know that there was so much interesting information out there concerning things that I use every day - like Edutopia. This is something that I already have a subscription to anyways. I get regular emails and the print magazine, it was neat to find out that I could subscribe to it. I found some really neat blogs and then subscribed to a few of my favorites. Literacy is Priceless is a blog that discusses how to keep students current and how to keep them interested. I thought "Wow - I could totally use this, my Action Research is on assistive technology and literacy." I found two really cool blogs about science, the first is Steve Spangler's Blog and the second is The Art of Teaching Science. I'm hoping to pull some really neat and fun ideas from these two for my classes. I know the boys love it when we do different sorts of activities and labs in class, problem is Mrs. Lucier runs out of ideas every once in a while. It's nice to pull ideas from other sources. The last blog that I subscribed to today is titled Teh Dyslexic Storyteller. The vast majority of my students are dyslexic. I work at a school which was founded to help the classic dyslexic, this one was a no brainer for me. It's written by a dyslexic and it deals with issues that they face in school and in the real world. I think I'm most excited to be reading this last one because of the implications that it has for how I relate to my students. This has been an experience which as left me saying "Yay Blogs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment