Friday, November 6, 2009

Lucier_Telitha_3 Web 2.0 Tools





Springo visual web searching

So I checked out a few different web 2.0 sites this week and I found a really neat on that allows people to search the web through a visual method rather than through reading. It’s a really interesting way to view different websites because it approaches things from a totally different learning modality. The site’s name is Springo. I can see that this would be a good tool to use with my students because of the language issues that they already have. Working with students who have dyslexia, it makes it a no-brainer for me to use something that would incorporate a visual component. I also think that my students will like this format because when you look at it the colors and pictures really pop – they draw the attention of the viewer.

VoiceThread visual and audio collaborations

Voicethread is another web 2.0 site that I’ve been looking at. This site allows me to make my own videos and slide shows for my students. I like this site because it is easy to use. Also this particular site is one that was recommended by our Academic Dean before I even knew what a web 2.0 tool was. This is one that can be easy for the students view and to add comments to. Also it allows me to create videos that can be used by other teachers in other schools as well. You can view the Voicethread that I created to share information about electricity with my General Science classes.

http://voicethread.com/share/722696/

Wordle visual word remixing to create images

The last tool that I have used this week is called Wordle. I like it because it creates a really interesting visual using terms from papers or websites that I have my students use. Again because I have students with language learning differences a visual that I can use with and to enhance learning is one of my favorite tools.

Picture by Wordle at wordle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment