Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lucier_Telitha_Week 3 Web 2.0


I’ve fallen in love. This latest web 2.0 tool that found is called edu2.0. It is a Learning Management System. This is very exciting for me because two (or three) classes ago I was able to use a program called Lectora. This program was great and very easy to use. Edu 2.0 is an LMS, but a free one. I was very excited when I saw this because I wanted to be able to use Lectora for my school, but it was rather cost prohibitive. Edu 2.0 is FREE!

I’ve already set up a site for my school – nothing is on it yet, but thanksgiving break is coming up, that will give me a chance to work on it (I hope). I plan on using this site for my classes. Eventually I hope to have my classes working with the LMS at least once a week. I can see having self-guided lessons about science on this site as well as tests and quizzes. As much as I try and push for the latest software to be bought for the Alphasmarts it has yet to be purchased. This is an alternative method to accomplish my same goal of using technology to further the literary needs of my students.

In the end I hope that I can get most or all of the teachers using this site to aid in meeting the educational needs of our students. I feel that it is very important today, even though our students have varied levels of learning differences, that we include technology. The world is heading that way when it comes to business or leisure. It is up to us as educators to ensure that or students are literate in the traditional sense and in the new meaning of the word.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the system even better for you and your school!

    Cheers,
    Graham Glass
    Founder, EDU2.0

    ReplyDelete
  2. telitha, i'm going to try to see on monday if this site is blocked. it might be viable in some of my classes. By the way, that's a super-cute dog. Is it a greyhound. Later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear about the progress you made over Thanksgiving. Make contact with Graham Glass. It would be great to have some things that will work for you implemented:) Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete